Sign in to follow this  

GeForce4 Lockups ??

Hi to all,Maybe someone out there has an answer to why the GeForce4 MX 440 128MB, I just installed locks up after about 5 minutes of simming...had aGeForce 2MX 200 in it before and never had this problemm, would love to get it solved as with the 440 in the machine I am getting frame rates anywhere fron 30 to 77......sure would appreciate any suggestions... oh the ram on the compuiter is 512, any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks,JimTucson

hi thereit most likely is your drivers, just install the latest drivers and then see iti used to have lock ups as well on my MX but drivers soon fixed that

Yes, do make sure you have the latest drivers for both your video card and your motherboard chipset (such as the VIA 4in1 driver if you have a VIA chipset board).You might also try playing with the graphics and display settings some. I was getting some wierd issues with my GF4 Ti4200. The panels would look all corrupted and the game would lock up. Turned the game to run in 32bit instead of 16 bit (a setting I used with my old ATI Radeon 7500 for performance). I was also having a problem with anti-aliasing turned on in the game, so I changed the setting in my video card settings (not in the game) from "allow program to choose setting" to manually selecting 8x AA I believe. Works and looks terrific now. Just some ideas being thrown out there.

You know what happend to me i got a Geforce4 Ti 4200 64 ddr ram and it was giving me problems i would get a blue screen of death all the time i would change ram slots drivers everything and do you know it kept happeing in till i change my power supply from a 300 to 450 and that was it!! it solved my problem and i never got that error again maybe its drivers or a bad card ?? ram ?? power supply? good luck :)