Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tommy_TJ

This is just too cool...

Greetings,I installed the PAI Delta pack yesterday and have been enjoying that very much, thanks to everyone involved in that project... Anyway, I live about 15 miles Northeast of Portland International Jetport, Portland, Maine and, depending on weather conditions, air traffic comes directly over my house. I just looked out my window and saw a Delta MD-80/83 (not too sure here) so I loaded up FS2002 and taxied to hold short of runway 29 and waited. Sure enough, a few minutes later here comes a Delta jet in for landing. I took the picture below just before it landed.Sorry to ramble on, but this just struck me as one of those "this is too cool" moments.Take care,Jon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jon,That's very cool... I live just up the pike in Lewiston. Is the scenery in the screen shot PWM? If so, would you mind posting a couple more of those incredible shots of PWM and maybe of the Portland area? I have a Mac and right now so I'm limited to Fly! II. I'm considering crossing over to the PC side and I like to get more info on FS2002.Thanks in advance! Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

I have the same Mac as you do and finally couldn't stand missing out on all the great flight sims. Took the plunge last year with a PC and have been having a ball since. But will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Mac and XPlane. FS2002 just blows it away though.Cheers,Todd

Rich,I was just looking over my message and noticed I type Northeast. I live in Buxton which is Northwest... ooops. Thanks for the comments and yes, the screen shot is at KPWM. I will try to post more shots from around Portland tonight or tomorrow in the Screen Shot Forum. I've also spent many hours on Fly2k and FlyII and really enjoyed it. I have found that FS2002 gives me a great feeling of "being there". I would give FS2002 a shot, I think you will enjoy it.I will try to post the shots soon....Take care,Jon.BTW - to all who read this post... Please don't turn this into a "my simulator is better then yours" argument... let the topic stay how is was intended. I support all simulators PERIOD Thanks.