Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

ATC voicepack editing help request

Guest Dominik Mann

I just edited my ATC voice file using EditVoicepack 1.0 and added all voices included in the sample file that came with EditVoicepack, as well as those for the follwing airlines from other source files: JMC, Royal Brunei, Royal Jordanian, Sri Lankan, Swiss, Edelweiss, Belair and Air Switzerland. However, I noticed that I forgot to have EditVoicepack update the airlines.cfg list :-shy , and thus I tried launching the proggy again in order to complete this step. However, I am now getting the following error message:Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.Process id=0x63c (1596), Thread id=0x464 (1124).Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application.When I try the debug option, I am getting the following message:Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.cordbg.exe !a 0x63cClick on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually. Click on Cancel to aort the JIT debug request.Well, I have no way of knowing if any of you are sufficiently deep into programming to be able to explain to me what these messages mean. Let's just say that I cannot run EditVoicepack right now - I tried rebooting and reinstalling EditVP, but it did not change a thing.Now, if any of you reading this may help me in getting EditVP to run again, I would be very grateful indeed.Alternatively, if any of you happen to have an airlines.cfg file with the above airlines, would you mind emailing the file to me?Sorry for the long post :-shy ...Cheers,

Guest lmoelleb

Sorry, I do not have a clue. Normally this error appears when the registry key pointing to Flight Simulator is missing, however if nothing was changed in the registry since Edvp worked, I have no idea why it happens.Hopefully 2.0 will work - or at least indicate what the problem is as I have improved the error handling (as in going from "none" to "some") :)

Guest Dominik Mann

Do you think it might be a good idea to reinstall the Microsoft.NET Framework engine?Always good to hear some feedback from the creator!(That is, if I didn't mistake you for somebody else ;-) !)

Guest lmoelleb

I'm the guilty one allright :)I don't really think it helps reinstalling the framework. But of course, nothing can be said for sure.But please be assured that you actually have absolutely no need to update airlines.cfg, ATC will work just fine as long as your aircraft.cfg entries are correct.So please hold on, Hopefully 2.0 will be released within a couple of days.