Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

Just about ready to trash FS2002!!

Simmers,At my wits end!! got a problem, everytime i swith to VC view the panel flashes white then returns to normal textures. This effect i beleive has somthing to do with the sun reflections as if you turn the Plane through 180 it does not happen ( panel in shade) I have tried every know setting,every Nvidia driver using the Destroyer each time but to no avail. Tried every setting on Fs including Glare on off. is this just my set up or does anyone else get this and can i edit any files to stop it. Have tried a fresh reinstall of FS.Any ideas? Win ME 512 ddr GF4 ti 4200 asus MB SBlive DesperateMark

HiHave you turned off Anti alaising in the Hardware option ,because I found this to have a flash effect in Virtual cockpit and turning it off stopped it for me Hope this is helpfullAlpha xxxxxxxxx

>Hi >Have you turned off Anti alaising in the Hardware option >,because I found this to have a flash effect in Virtual >cockpit and turning it off stopped it for me >Hope this is helpfull I havn't ran into this effect, with or without AA.

Guest gasebah

I ran into this effect with the newer Nvidia drivers when I set Vsnyc off. Try to enable Vsync.Alex

Thanks for the tips guys, but I have tried all the above with no success, I am starting to think this could be a driver issue but i do not know enough to start pulling them apart. Do you think the Nvidia Tweak might help? Thanks for your helpMark

Guest flightpro08

Have you tried deleting the FS2002.cfg file in your MAIN FS2k2 diretory? If not, delete it (or move it to another folder for backup purposes) and then boot up FS2k2. FS2k2 will create another one on startup. All you have to do is reset all of your settings (Display, ATC, Realism, etc.)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest gasebah

If you suspect it to be a driver issue try reinstalling your drivers. But try a differnt approach than usual. It might well be that you got mixed up drivers.Here's what maight be worth a try:Uninstall the Nvidia drivers in your system /software page. Do not reboot yet. Go to your Windows/Inf folder, and find the files nv3.inf and nv4.inf. Rename them nv3.i_f and nv4.i_f. Extract the driver to a known location, e.g.: C:/Nvidia. The 40s will do that by default. Do not install the driver yet!!Restart your computer. When the wizard comes up, lead it to the new drivers folder. Return the nv4.i_f and nv3.i_f to their original names incase of a problem windows will still install the default XP drivers.Alex

That's typical of driver's issue. Depending on machine, OS and even soundcard this or that driver will create this or that problem. Took me about a dozen tries to get the "best" driver for my personal config.

Guys,Tried all of the suggestions,( thanks for them so far) no NV3 files in Win ME, did find some redundant Nvidia files though in INI and deleted them. Then tried a clean install of the 40.71 no difference, seeing no one else is having this problem it must be a system thing for me. Can anyone suggest good stable Nvidia drivers for the TI4200 Aopen card 128 mb. All settings changed in Direct 3d and Open GL? AGP on /off AA on/off clean install of FS tried is it now a case of reinstalling Win ME?drivers tried 40.71 30.82 29.42Any viewsThanksMark (grounded)

Guest Pabra

Try setting the agp aperture size in the bios to 256mb. Who knows..