Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Adjustment

Hi all,I have just received my BASIC ATD from TRC (www.therealcockpit.com) and am now able to close the main panel display of my 172 on the monitor. However, I need to adjust the view out of the "window" to reflect the view height/perspective over my ATD. I have looked at the VIEW line in the aircraft.cfg for the 172, but to my eyes adjusting the height in this changes the height of the plane from the ground and not the height of the pilot in the plane.Any advice on this would be grateful. Also is there any "scientific" way of adjusting the outside view so that it reflects the correct perspective as would be seen out of a 172 (bearing in mind that I have a "real" main panel and my monitor is place above and behind the top shelf of the panel - see picture).Hope that makes sense.ThanksDavid

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Thanks, I have a Flight-Link (www.flight-link.com) AV-IFR panel with a real Beech yoke on it, but unfortunately it does not fit with the Panel (makes it to high) so I am selling it. I have a CH Products USB yoke and pedals arriving today.David

Guest Jeff S KDTW

The CH yoke and pedals are good for the money. I have had both for a couple of years now and have not been disappointed. Sometimes I have been a little less than excited about the "springy" feel of the CH yoke, but when I compare the $100 purchase price to the next upgrade at $500-600, I'm more than happy with the CH products. ;-) Regards,http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsnyder99/sigs/gaphoto.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Jeffrey%20L.%20Snyder&distinct_entry=true|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/font