Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a Falco!

Does anybody know where to find a Falco for FS2002?master Italian designer Stelio Frati was born in 1919 and worked mostly in Milan. Frati quickly established a reputation for designing very sleek and efficient aircraft which made maximum use of limited power.The hallmark of all his designs is aesthetic beauty, clean lines and extremely light controls. After serving his apprenticeship in Milan Frati became first a teacher in aircraft design and later a freelance designer and aerodynamicist. In 1955 he designed his best known aircraft, a two seater cruising/sport aircraft made of wood, known as the Falco. This exquisite aircraft was the basis for the future SF260. The Falco had a top speed of 210 knots despite the small 160 hp engine. This phenomenal performance was achieved by sculpting the Falco to be the sleekest, low drag machine available anywhere in the world for its class. The addition of retractable undercarriage gave it even less drag.In 1966 Frati designed an all-metal variation on the wooden Falco, which had largely been manufactured in kit form by Frati design enthusiasts.- Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jeff,Hard to imagine it, but you might not be aware that an excellent model of the Falco's offspring, the SF.260, is available. It has many of the classic beautymarks of the Falco, a universally acclaimed flight model, sharp textures, VC, the works. If you like red, it's got that (see below)!There are four other striking liveries, as well. And it not only looks good, but flies well, too. It is the first FS2K2 aircraft to spin, but is also a first-class tourer, as many development cycles went into making it trimmable into hands-free level flight for long periods of time. It's the first simulator aircraft that I can fly cross-country without even thinking about using the autopilot. It is universally acclaimed for looks, handling, and even good customer service! www.realairsimulations.com --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Yes, Stephen, I purchased the SF260 and it's great, but since the original Falco is STILL a popular kit, I thought it would have been turned into an FS model by now...I like to collect ORIGINALS, not "offspring"!Still hoping to hear of an original Falco...- Jeff