Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

RealAir Simulations Siai Marchetti - two specs needed p

Guest JonP01

I'm entering data for this aircraft into my real-world flight planner that I use for simulation use. There are two specifications I still need that I have been unable to determine.Firstly, the full tank capacity of the aircraft (auxilliary tanks included) is indicated as 64 gallons in FS2002. I need to know whether this 64 "gallons" is 64 *US* gallons or 64 *imperial* gallons.Secondly, I need to know the cruise fuel consumption per hour. It doesn't matter if I get it in US gallons, imperial gallons or litres, just so long as I know which of the three it is!! Assume for this a 7,000 ft MSL cruise @ 170 KIAS, which is roughly the standard cruise mode for this thing I believe. I realise for this second question I could just leave the plane in cruise for a little over half a day to get a result, but there is a chance I might get a more accurate answer a little more quickly here.Thanks for any help.

Hi Jon,That would be US gallons. That's total, too, usable is less, 62.0 US Gal.I usually set 22"/ 2200 RPM for what is arguably 60% power and see 14 GPH. At 6,500 I remember seeing about 155 KIAS which worked out to 175 KTAS. --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Ho Jon,I think "beach" Comer has answered your question better than I could. If you need more support please e-mail me at RealAir.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest JonP01

Thanks guys,Being an Australian flight planner I had to convert everything to kilograms and litres!btw Rob, I have to say this aircraft is quite simply an astonishing aviation simulation experience. I never thought I could achieve such a degree of simulation fidelity on a personal computer. No wonder every man, women and dog is coming out and posting about this aircraft. To think your team have accomplished all of this whilst achieving similar fps to the stock Cessna 172 is simply amazing.I am especially fond of the wonderful "normal" 2D panel. A lot of care has obviously been taken in making the panel and gauges believable and extremely clear. Great for someone like me who isn't getting any younger. Maybe I'll give the 3D panel a go when I get a state of the art graphics adaptor during the first quarter of next year!

Well, as luck would have it, the numbers were "close". 22/2200 and leaned only 25

Guest JonP01

Hi BeachComer,Well I just took the aircraft for a 2 hour spin @ 23" throttle, 2400 rpm, 7,000 MSL. I achieved 17 GPH, which is a perhaps tad on the high side but well within specs. However I was concerned about keeping a lid on the EGT and didn't want to lean off too much. I guess I would not have had a problem getting around 16 GPH, but I feel any less then this and I might have risked engine damage flying the real thing.Just another amazing fact about this FS aircraft - that the real world specs are also spot on in the sim as well. How often does that happen??? Not that often is my experience. Sometimes the numbers on other aircraft are way out in order to get a good "feel" to the flight dynamics. But this aircraft scores top points in both respects.