Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

Tech's question

Hi all. I have what now is a slow system:Pentium 4 @ 1.3 Ghtz382 Mb in RAM (planning to upgrade to 512)Gforce 2 Mx 400 (1 yrs old drivers- never updated!)Windows MEWhen I first installed FS2002 one year ago, the sim ran very smothly with an average FPS of 22. Now one year later, custom AI Traffic, Planes, Escenery, FDC, Flightmax, and the Falcon 50, my computer barely does 10-12 FPS= Power Point presentation flights. and minimizing almost all the sliders, I only do the usual Defrag and Scan disk before every flight.I know there's an application that stop all the software that is running in the background, where can I find it, is it differrent from Ctrl+Alt+Del and ending all the tasks that are running except the explorer?What would you suggest me to improve the performance of my system? as far as improve my hardware?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ENDITALL is the name of the program. one thing, you only need to defrag maybe every month, scan disk at the same time. no need to run those before each flight. as for hardwear, ram 512, new video card, kill windows ME, software get 98se or XPhope this helpsmark

Is it true that if I buy a better Videocard, I would put a higher load over the already busy processor trying to render a more detailed graphics?My FPS drop dramatically when I cross over areas of default clouds.