Sign in to follow this  

Having a wee bit of a problem....

Hi all,If this message should be placed in a different section of this forum, I apologize, but I am in the need of some help regarding my video card drivers. I have a NVidia GeForce 3 ti500 and always ran with the 23.11's, and never had a problem. Leave it to me to install the latest drivers last night (the 40.72's) and my FPS dropped considerably. I know that different drivers work differently on different machines, but would somebody be able to tell me what drivers are working best for this particular card? Thanks so much, I appreciate it!Bobber

Guest TerryT

Bobber, You did not mention which operating system you were using. The reason I say this is you might not have all of the previous 23.11 drivers remeoved and there is some sort of conflict with the new ones. In Windows XP, you can remove the old drivers through the "Add/Delete" option on the control panel. If you have some other O/S, then follow the directions if any in the readme file that comes with the new drivers. My guess though is that the new drivers you installed are just plain no good. They are only posted as "Beta" which mean they want us to test them and tell them what works and what does not. Here is the link to the Nvidia site with the "Current" (certified) drivers that should work with your card. http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_30.82Hope this helps,Terry

Thanks Terry,I appreciate it. I am running Windows XP, so I'll go ahead and delete the old drivers, and install the 30.82's. We'll see how this works! Thanks again...I appreciate your feedback.Best,Bobber