Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Serious problem with Directx 8.1 !!!

yesterday I installed the new directX version 8.1and from that moment FS2002 doesnt work correctly anymore.All the graphics are messed up and the screen is constantly flickering. ??????Does anyone know how I can correct this problem ? I have the latest detonator drivers installed and i am using win 2000thanks in advance.G.

Have you tried renaming the main FS2002 cfg file and starting the sim. IT'll build a new one when the sim starts.

:) I have not tried that, even wasn't aware that it was possible.But i will try it right away :) thanks for the info :)cheers

Guest RiddlePilot

I had the same problem. I can't help you out, cause I simply upgraded to WinXP since we have access to it here at school. Just wanted to let you know that its not out of the ordinary.

Guest Niels_C

Hello there,I generally second that, I too had flickering in thefirst DX8.1 I had, but not in 8.0 or 8.0a, so Iconcluded that it was a DX problem since it made nodifference what Det drivers I used.I have Win2k w/ sp3, det 28.32 or so and latest DXavailable running on GF2 Pro.-Niels Christiansen

My DX 8.1 install under 98SE was painless. My suggestion...go to a set of older detonator drivers (preferably the ones which came with your card). Make sure you do a clean sweep of the existing drivers w/detonator destroyer before installing the older ones. If the situation improves, try to install the newer drivers again.-John