Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Sudden Change

Hi,Been using FS for years and have hit a key or something that has made a change thast I can't understand or reverse. Simply put - in full screen mode I can no longer hit the Alt key to get the Flights - Aircraft - World - Options - etc menu. When I now hit this key it cuts sound and sometimes makes my mouse pointer disappear. I have to hit the Alt and Enter to get a window so that I can make any changes. Anyone out there have any idea what I've done? It used to be so easy in full screen mode just to hit the Alt key and get a menu up!KD

Guest Eagle92395

Did you recently upgrade your video drivers or install SP-1?? Some people are having that same problem when they change to the 40.52 drivers... maybe you can try updating to the 40.72s or the 30.82s from nvidia's website (assuming you're using an nvidia chipset). If nothing works, and no more suggestions come up, try using the System Restore and go back to a date that works... maybe that'll help.

Eagle 92395,Yes I did. I installed Windows XP Service Pack 1. I'm using the Nvidia chipset. I'll try as you said. By the way, since doing the upgrade my red lettering at the top of the screen that gives framerate etc "bleeds" and looks like it has a shadow. THanks for your suggestion - I'll try the drivers first then look at maybe removing the Service Pack.KD

Guest PhilC

This is a known problem after upgrading to XP SP1. There are a lot of threads in this forum about it. You might want to do a search. Some people have said that the 40.72 drivers have fixed this. It did not on my PC. Others talk about anti-aliasing being the problem. The only way I got it strightened out was by changing the degree of anisotropy.I would only uninstall SP1 as the last resort. Without SP1 you will no longer be able to use Microsoft update and it does fix a few bugs and security issues.