Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

How to make a good international flight?

Guest Edam

Take shorter flights, preferably in mountainous areas. I doubt that there is a way to make International flights anything but boring.

If you want to fly "real time" transatlantic or transpacific, set up your flight to take place overnight. Let the autopilot manage the flight while you sleep, during the overwater portion of the flight.I don't do many flights greater than 2-3 hours now, and most of my flights are 30-45 minute hops where I can hand fly the aircraft. Once you start to feel bored with FS, it's better to change the type of flying you do, rather than lose interest which can often happen.Another thing you can do.... Limit your routes, say from Ireland to France, or from Japan to Korea. Add connections--for me final approach is the most interesting part of the flight, followed by the takeoff. Add weather. Watch the autopilot handle the turbulence...Download an ultralight, and fly over the English Channel, or from Cuba to the Florida Keys....