Sign in to follow this  

Question for GoFlight users

I'm not quite sure how to phrase my question, but here goes ...Are the toggle switches "intelligent"? Or are they merely keypresses assigned to a toggle switch?For example, will "up" always turn a light on? Or if the switch is up, and the light is off, will moving the switch down turn the light on?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The switches have an "on" and an "off" state. If a switch is assigned to the parking brake and the parking brake is turned on with the keyboard instead of the switch, the light above the switch will illuminate. If you then turn the switch to the "on" position nothing will happen, but turning it back off again will turn off the parking brake. In other words "up" is always "on" and "down" is always "off".Marty

That's what I wanted to hear! As soon as I get settled in my new house, my credit card is getting a workout. Thanks!

I just had a conversation with Doyle at Goflight. I had a similar question which I asked, ff I tune the Com to a freq using the module and then go to FS and change the freq there, will the radio module reflect the change I just made within FS. The answer is yes. These modules do not use keystrokes,they read and write data directly to the sim. I thought that was very cool!!!! Of course with a toggle it appears the light will go on and off but the toggle switch will remain in the same position (duh). Anyway I just ordered some of their product and am really looking forward to getting it up and runningRegardsBobG