Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!!!!! Unexplicable FS crash when ATC talks!!

I am absolutely frustrated: since a couple of flights FS crashes at some point, typically about 3-4 minutes into the flight. Always the same symptoms: ATC suddenly begins "stuttering" and FS then crashes.Now, a couple of things that may be useful for anyone trying to help me: I am using FSNav, AIMap and I have updated the voicepack. Also, the crashes have all occurred in the wider Tampa, FL area. Could any of these things have impacted ATC or the FS? Is there smthg wrong with that area? I have completely re-installed FS 2002, but still the same problem persists!All of these setups have worked without any problems dozens of times, so I really don't get it...Please someone help me get off the ground and maybe tell me to repair or replace some file or smthg else.ThanksCR

Hi there,unfortunately I dont know the answer to the problem, but the same thing happened to me as well... but not recently. Recently I get occasional blue screens due to some video card driver issue. :-) I installed FSNav and recall not having installed more ATC voices. Did you do a "clean install" -- without add-ons -- when you reinstalled FS2002?My sound card is not fully supported by Win2000, and I thought that might be the cause of the problem. Even setting the audio to lower quality didnt help. Might in fact be some memory allocation problem when FS2002 tries to load voice samples. What kind of soundcard do you have?Anyway, sorry for not having helped too much, but before this thread disappeared, I just wanted to shout "me too" :-)take care,celticmatrix

I put together a new system last summer for FS2002, even though I'm using the same HD(2nd drive)which contained FS2002 from my old system. I had no problems until recently with the exception of a few crashes to desktop caused(most likely)by resource issues. Since last week though i've started to experience something I hadn't seen since upgrading to XP....freeze-ups.Like many here i've added tons of add-ons to improve FS. I normally would go to the FS modules folder and take out(move to a backup folder)third party add-on .dll's one at a time and sometimes that would help to isolate which one may be causing the problem. Unfortunately no two systems are alike so it's hard to figure out which add-on may not agree with your setup, but(for me anyway in FS troubleshooting)it is usually caused by some new add-on, gauge, etc. before its a hardware, cooling, etc. issue. Only exception would be new video drivers....they've been known to cause grief on occasion.Obviously if you have a brand new system and have problems right off the bat, you may be more likely to isolate problems with hardward issues.Just my 2 cents.