Sign in to follow this  

Adding GPS to a plane without?

Hi all,I just downloaded the DC3Airways DC3 and R4D. Now I know these planes didn't have GPS from the factory but I'd like to give myself a little crutch for longer flights until I learn real navigation :) Does anyone know an easy way to allow me to use the GPS with a plane like this? Is it as simple as adding a few lines in the panel.cfg or something?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Is it as simple as adding a few lines in the panel.cfg Yes, it is. Just add a new line to Windows Titles, replace xx with your next available window number &l;Window Titles&r;windowxx=GPS Paneland a new window spec, replacing the xx with the new window number above&l;Windowxx&r;windowsize_ratio=1.000position=8size_mm=150,250window_pos=0.50,0.400window_size=0.240,0.520background_color=16,16,16visible=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=gps!gps,0,0,150,250If you do not like this GPS layout (chosen at random), copy one from the panel.cfg of a plane you like.For more details, see: http://www.simflight.com/news5/modules.php...article&sid=738Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

>I just downloaded the DC3Airways DC3 and R4D. Now I know >these planes didn't have GPS from the factory but I'd like >to give myself a little crutch for longer flights until I >learn real navigation :) At least you won't be alone. I've seen many older aircraft with up-dated avionics including panel mounted and handheld GPS's. As far as I'm concerned GPS's "are" the future of real navigation, due to much improved situational awareness, direct routing, fuel savings, etc.. Besides, the FAA would still like to do away with most VOR installations by 2007.L.Adamson

Interesting, I didn't know that! I don't feel like such a slacker now :)