Sign in to follow this  

Precipitation not showing properly in FS2K2

Ok, here's one for ya...I'm running FS2K2 with FSUIPC 2.92 (same problem with other versions).When I go to an area that has any kind of precip, rain or snow, it doesn't show in the cockpit view. When I go to the "Spot" view, nothing shows (precip) until I place the view behind the plane. I then see snow or rain falling. I go back into the cockpit and the flakes/drops disappear.I'm running FS2K2 on a P4 2.4ghz, 512MB RDRam, Geforce 4 4600Ti 128MB video card. FS2K2 is running at 1024x768 32 Bit color (same as desktop) with WinXP Pro.Any ideas on how to get the precip to show up in the cockpit view?Thanks!Ken

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check your config file (FS2002.cfg) and see what this line says:WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1If it is set to "0", change it. I see drops forming on my windscreen and running off. I have never experimented with this parameter but the name is descriptive of your problem. R-

Yep!!!That did it! Wonder why they don't have that as a menu option... I would've never found that (well maybe after a few weeks of scratching my head)...The parameter was set to 1, I changed it to 0 and I now have rain/snow from the cockpit view...Thanks for the help!!!:-beerchugKen