Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

AI speeds -- What works for you?

No, this isn't a "How do I get those darn AI aircraft to taxi at a less glacial pace?" post. My question is "What speed settings work best for you?"I initially changed mine to 20 knots. This seemed reasonable to me when I was at an airport without a tremendous amount of traffic (UHPP - Petropavlovsk), but when I made it to Anchorage, it seemed that 20 knots was rather NASCAR-esque.I'm just looking to get a feel for where people set their AI speeds so that I can get something more "normal."Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I like to use around 30 knots...but thats just because I dont like waiting around for AI craft to taxi.I would love that in FS2K4 that we would get a wheels up time and that AI traffic on the ground would move faster/slower depending on their wheels up time and traffic on the ground.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

I set mine to 25. They seem to taxi at around the right pace for my liking. I can follow one to the active without getting too frustrated... except on the corners/bends.Cheers,Simon

Mine is set for 20. And yes, at times the taxi speed does exceed normal observations at airports, NASCAR-esque on the longer straight taxiways.But I needed to get those aircraft off the active runway quicker. Landing aircraft were going around way too much. So 20 is a good compromise for me.Rick