Sign in to follow this  
Guest wizard01

Cockpit Views - My eyes have gone 'pigeon toed'!

Guest wizard01

How do I arrange it so when I 'key' Num 4 the view will stay put, until I change the view again? I'm sure within the the last month someone has posted this excellent fix (for all views inside the cockpit) - but I've just browsed back 40 pages and can't find it ((:- had to stop as my eyes have gone 'pigeon toed'!! :)Would someone help me out, please?

Guest jase439

You should just be able to toggle NumLock and have all your keypad views stick. For those views requiring "SHIFT+CTRL+NUM #", you can let off the SHIFT key before releasing the NUM # key and the view will stick.Also...make sure your key assignments are mapped to "Look X" and not "Pan X".

Guest dogknot

1. Open FS2002.cfg2. Scroll down to the (KEYBOARD_MAIN) section3. Find the VIEW_ settings (e.g. VIEW_FORWARD)4. Change the value of 41 to 9 (e.g. VIEW_FORWARD=38,41 -> VIEW_FORWARD=38,9)5. SaveOld settingsVIEW_FORWARD=38,41VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,41VIEW_RIGHT=39,41VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,41VIEW_REAR=40,41VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,41VIEW_LEFT=37,41VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,41VIEW_DOWN=12,41New settingsVIEW_FORWARD=38,9VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,9VIEW_RIGHT=39,9VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,9VIEW_REAR=40,9VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,9VIEW_LEFT=37,9VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,9VIEW_DOWN=12,9

Guest jase439

Strange. Mine have always ended in ,9.

Guest wizard01

Hi Brent,BFU General Discussion Forum!! I bet that's where I first saw your solution to the views problem? Anyway, thanks for issuing it again. How did I manage without it!! :)Kenjase439, thanks for your reply also.

Guest dogknot

My pleasure Ken. However, I can't take the credit for this little fix.It actually came from J_Niny and is posted at http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_showall.asp?...=Altering+Views under the heading of 'LOCKING THE COCKPIT SIDEVIEWS'.I do believe PeterR reposted this info at Bush Flying Unlimited's General Discussion Forum.Glad it helped you out regardless of the info journey.

Guest wizard01

Hi Brent,Yes, it was PeterR's reminder about Cockpit Views that allowed me to set it up about a month ago, I think. But then yesterday I changed some views via Options/Controls/ Assignments in FS2002 Pro and messed it all up again - I'm good at that :) - of course I had forgotten where I got the info from.We must give credit to the good people who think of these astounding modifications and give so much pleasure to the rest of us, in this case J_Niny. I also followed your Link and found a lot more goodies - enough to keep me 'fiddling' for the rest of this yearSo my thanks to you and PeterR for all your help; flight simming gets better every day.Ken