Sign in to follow this  

Basic FS2002 troubleshoooting and tweaking questions...

I know these questions have probably been answered a number of times in this forum, but searching for them yielded hundreds of results too general to sift through. So will anyone with the patience please respond to the following questions:1) How do I disable the wing leveller while using the autopilot? In other words, how do I make it so the wing leveller doesn't automatically turn on once I activate the autopilot?2) How do I activate the 2nd navigation radio?The above questions I'm sure are quite common, but I'm not so sure this next one is so common. I'm hoping it is though, and that there might be a common fix for the problem.3)Sometimes when i'm changing views from "look ahead" to "front-left" to "back-right", I'll get a funny feedback sound. This happens in any of the 3 of the 4 main view modes (i.e. cockpit, virtual cockpit, and spot plane, but not tower). I haven't really troubleshooted the problem yet, but my quick solution to the problem is to pause the simulator, and then unpause it. This takes away the feedback sound 90% of the time. Then depending on what aircraft I might be using, pasuing it doesn't seem to get rid of the feedback. I've tried another set of speakers and still get the feedback, so the speakers can't be the problem. I've never heard of FS2002 having compatibility issues with any sound cards. Is there a winXP patch for FS2002 that might fix the problem?Any help would be appreciated...thank, Eric.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. In the aircraft's aircraft.cfg file need to add this line in the autopilot section:use_no_default_bank=12. Depends on the panel you switch between one or the other, or some panels you select where the needle is what NAV radio you want the needle to display NAV1 or NAV2. (not sure if this what you mean)3. :-lol Stereo??? :-) honestly not sure about it...Andy

Visit www.fsgateway.com and visit the tips section there are loads of tips to help you out with most of your fs2002 tweaking questions.

when i meant in question #2 is that some of my aircraft do not have a navigation 2 radio. of course these are downloaded aircraft. but i think i recall how i dealt w/ that problem in the past. i think i just have to find the appropriate lines of code in the aircraft.cfg of one of the default FS2002 aircraft, copy those lines, and paste them into the aircraft.cfg of the DLed aircraft without a nav 2 radio. thanks for the help so far though. anyone have an idea what might be wrong w/ my audio?thanks, eric.