Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

WOW!!!!!Milton Shupe,Aaron Swindle,Joao Paz,Scott Thoma

Guest Milton

Hi Rob,That's great! I wonder if the new xml gauges like the dx8.2 better.Are you still getting the crash to the desktop?Milton

Guest Milton

We will find the answer... I promise you that. Still working on it as we speak. I think we'll get it sorted out soon. :-)I apologize for the inconvenience.Milton

Guest RobA

Milton, Just did a few more tests. Still getting the crash when selecting the overhead panel icon. Using the shift + number keys I can view all the subpanels fine until I get to shift + 6. Then the sim crashes again. My guess is that shift + 6 opens the overhead panel?I've uninstalled the Dash 7 Cargo and reinstalled...same results. Looked in the guages folder and all the .cab files are intact.Best, Rob

Rob, I know it doesn't help you any, but I feel slightly better because I thought I was the only one. FYI, I've also cleaned out my /gauges directory with Gau Cleaner 3.0 (got rid of 53Mb of junk!!) but the problem is still there.AndyEGTR

Guest RobA

Andy, I hear ya. :-) I think I'll uninstall it, clean the guages folder and try again.Win98SEBest, Rob

Milton, After reading these posts and seeing that the panel had been updated with Overhead I decided to take the plunge and get the Cargo Dash 7. WOW! It just keeps getting better! The overhead panel does not crash my XP w/ SP1 system and other overheads have done that. Personnaly I am not a big VC fan. I think your new overhead is really all that's necessary. It supplies my main desire for a VC which is an alternate cockpit view and yours is great. If I need instruments I can Shift + for those while in Overhead view. You lose a smooth pan view but that's ok. Here are some questions for you or anyone who can help or add to all: 1. I notice that when using the "I" smoke you also get the "wake" effect while in the air under the plane. Is that as should be or have I does something wrong?2. Anyone know where I can get ATC callsigns sounds for these liveries?3.I had only one glitch. After perfect flight and taxiing to gate I hit new panel flood switch and maybe then overhead and every panel gauge went black. I did Shift + M and flood switch or some combo of those and got all panel gauges lit up active again.4. What is the far top right button (lights yellow) to right of GPS toggle switch?5. Always wondered( can't read writing) what is half moon gauge on top left of panel. White needle points left, right, or center? Thanks again to all involved with this great Dash-7 Paul

Hi ya Hatrick!Glad to hear yours is not crashing!! Seems an oddity on some systems, and we're trying to find a common circumstance that might be causing this! Anyone out there with a clue about this or who had the crashes and fixed it, PLEASE let us know what ya found!!Ill address the concerns things by number...1. I think thats just a 2002 thing with what is esssentially a "smoke effect", as far as FS sees it (I believe all the "ground effects...dust etc, are used up in FS allready). Maybe next release they will allow for more ground effects!?2. Try http:fly.toDash73.I did that once also...its a trick to do it, and another to undo it!Dunno what causes this unless its the fact that the "spots" are a giant gauge that covers the entire panel, and some sequence causes one to cover the others?4. Part of the gpws system, really just there for appearances,. Some Gpws setups allow for Flap inhibit,and since this is a gauge from FS98, I have never really seen it work!5. That is a "fake" "fast-slow" gauge. On the real Dash 7 this only activates, I believe, when the aircraft has intercepted a glide slope and indicate descent too fast or too slow. This one just responds to Angle-of-attack. Maybe Ill get better with the gauge programming and create a real Fasst-Slow gauge!!Thanks,Scott

Hey all with the overhead crash problem...check out the new post..."Fix for the Dash 7 crashing overhead"Scott

Guest RobA

Scott, Thanks to the post with the overhead crash fix, I can use the panel now. :-) It's a beauty. I had guessed the fast/slow guage was an angle of attack guage by the way it moved and couldn't remember ever seeing an AOA guage that looked like this. lol That would be great if you could program it to be a slow/fast guage for landing in ILS.Best regards, Rob

Guest FS_freak

Milton & Co.Sorry for arriving late guys. Kuddos also for a great model. A couple of questions:Is there a way of getting the gpws and glide slope aural warnings to not come on every time you're on final even on a shallow approach and fully configured?Is the true performance of the Dash 7 similar to the model's 174kt IAS (230kt ground) top level speed at around 20.000 ft? Sounds a little slow to me specially with four powerplants and a takeoff roll that would leave many modern jets bitting thick dust...When is the next release of this fabulous aircraft due to come out? I'm not a sucker for cargo birds and would appreciate a passenger version with all the improvements added to the latest upload.Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Guest Milton

Hi FS_...Thank you :-)From the FAQ page:http://www.flightsimonline.com/faqs/PANEL:1. GPWS: The sounds on the GPWS can get annoying. If you would like them turned off, do the following. In your FS2002 Sounds folder, find and rename the following files to quiet down that GPWS:toolowflapstolowgearwhoopterrain1terrain2dontsinkglideslopepullupJust a note .. you must have these sounds from another panel because we did not install them activated.The Dash 7 is built for STOL and achieves awesome takeoff/landing numbers thru many wonderful implementations. The tradeoff is of course normal cruise speed (which I slowed down to make our Dash 7 beta pilots happy).Regarding the improvements, you may alias the original Dash7v1 passenger version panel and sounds to the cargo version and use it's .air and aircraft.cfg files. If you did not download the cargo version, you can expect a release 2 around year end for the passenger version.RegardsMilton