Sign in to follow this  

KCVG trees

Those of you who have downloaded KCVGpcV2.zip and have a black border around the trees are recommended to turn off your mip mapping in Options/settings/display. I forgot to mention this in the text file.

Guest jase439

It is highly unlikely that your users will want to turn off mip-mapping wholesale to accomodate one scenery package. I would encourage you to seek an alternative solution.

I agree with you 100%. I could furnish an alternate file for CVGpcV2B.bgl with no trees. I wonder if I made the bmp's for the trees as extended bitmap files if mip mapping would show them correctly. It would involve redoing the api files for them but that would be no problem if it could be done. I used Nova to generate the trees. They were done in the FS2000 style, that is, they always face you and change lighting according to angle of the sun. In any event, only a corrected file would need to be uploaded.