Sign in to follow this  

Takeoff Problems with Meljet 747-400

Hi there,I have installed the Lufthansa variant of the 747-400 together with the aircraft.cfg for the pss-panel and I am using the airfile as copied from the pss folder. I alias the panel, sound and the line of sim= in the cfg to that of the pss and off I go.However the problem is this. As soon as I hit the FD and A/Throttle switch then TOGA the aircraft rolls and at the proper Vr I start rotation with the aircraft lifting off at say 172knots. As soon as it just leaves the ground the aircraft slams itself into the ground again and then no matter how much I pull on the yoke it will only then rotate at about 218 knots. With the default panel this does not happen at all. Upon slamming the elevator goes to neutral again. This also happens with both pss and mel's airfiles.The only lines I added to the cfg are the lights to have the underside of the 747 illuminated at night. I made endless tests including changing ZFW, manual throttle to full power, various settings for the trim etc. but the aircraft will slam itself into the groung just after takeoff and then continues the roll and rotates beyond 210 knots.Please anyone has some idea what to do. I am really confused now as to how to proceed and solve this problem.Any help greatly appreciated.Regards,Emann.

Did you check your trim and fuel weight?Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

I had a similar problem, while I wasn't slamming into the ground I was experiencing what I thought were unrealisticly long takeoff rolls. It seemed the bird just didn't want to lift off, I fixed it by going into my joystick calibration and recalibrating my yoke, paying special attention to making sure the yoke is centered properly.

I think it is more to do with the trim setting, though. It lifts off fine for me and climbs like a rocket :( Maybe one needs to adjust the default flights. It should help!Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

I've been having exactly the same problem...I just got round to downloading and installing the new Meljet 747-400 at the weekend. I'm also using the PSS panel and FDE along with the PSS compatible aircraft.cfg that is available at meljet.comI went to make my first flight with the Meljet 744 yesterday - a BA flight from Heathrow to JFK. After rotating the nose suddenly pitched down and buried itself in the runway resulting in a crash. I definitely wasn't over rotating as the nose was only at 8-9 degrees when it suddenly pitched down.In the end I found the problem - it's the scrape points in the aircraft.cfgIf you look in the contact points section, and remove the scrape points (just add // in front of them) it should solve the problem. My guess is that there's an error in the scrape points and FS thinks you are hitting the fuselage on the ground at rotation.Hope this helps :-)

Hi Nick,Thanks for your view on the subject. Can you please advise which item in the contact points is for the scrape points or better still can you send the contact points of your cfg to me so that I can copy them to mine.Thanks for helping out.Regards,Emann.

Here's what my contact points section looks like now:point.0 = 1, 58.0, 0.0, -18.0, 2000.0, 0, 2.0, 70.0, 0.5, 3.5, 0.900, 9.0, 8.0, 0, 220, 250point.1 = 1, -41.0, -18.0, -18.5, 2000.0, 1, 2.0, 13.0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.900, 11.0, 9.0, 2, 220, 250point.2 = 1, -41.0, 18.0, -18.5, 2000.0, 2, 2.0, 13.0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.900, 11.0, 9.0, 3, 220, 250//point.3 = 2, -152.6, -103.5, 3.0, 700.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 5, 0, 0//point.4 = 2, -152.6, 103.5, 3.0, 700.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 6, 0, 0//point.5 = 2, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0, 700.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 9, 0, 0//point.6 = 2, -222.7, 0.0, 4.0, 700.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.000, 0.0, 0.0, 4, 0, 0The aircraft works fine now. I've now completed 2 flights, EGLL-KJFK and EGKK-KEWR and the aircraft took off without any problems at all :-)

NIck,I had the same problem as the above person and so I tried your contact..Damn they work perfectly...Way to goTroy