Sign in to follow this  
Guest artl

Running XP? Problem when swapping accounts...

I am running Windows XP Pro, with an AMD 2200+ CPU and an ASUS V8420 video card.This is a "heads-up", should you ever want to swap to another account, while running the sim.FS2002 requires that you run as administrator, so it can have access to all the system resources that it wants.If I leave the sim running, say, parked at at airport with a view of buildings, and swap to another account, I will get a BSOD after swapping back to the Administrator account, and reactivating the sim.This has been repeatable with the sim parked at the Flight-Ontario's new YQT airport, and also at the MS-generic Meigs. (I learned, after that, and stopped trying any more :-) )It was quite surprising, because I had never seen a BSOD in XP before. The BSOD has a full screen of text, but it does not stay on long enough to be read, and then the system reboots. Nothing bad seems to happen, but this is XP.... who can tell? :-) It did NOT appear to do a system-restore.I have a suspicion that it does not like something that the video card is doing when it brings the sim back up onto the screen from the task bar.Art.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!