Sign in to follow this  

How to adjust AI Aircraft speeds

I swear I searched AVSIM and the other forum, but couldn't find what I'm sure I read in a post in the past month.I need to slow down my PAI aircraft, they are just too darn tootin' fast.If I remember correctly, it had to do with the cruise_speed setting in the aircraft.cfg?Did anyone ever deduce how AI aircraft interpret this setting?ie: the PAI A300 cruise_speed = 477 (which I assume = TAS)Today I was westbound at FL390 with a 90 knot headwind, just managing to get 370-some knots GS (I believe my TAS was approx 450'ish),and I was getting passed by all the AI aircraft who were flying at 420 to 520 kts GS.So, are the AI using the cruise_speed setting as GS?Has anyone come up with a good setting/rule of thumb to cover AI airliners?Merci Beaucoup ...(I'm off to strap on some rockets to my 757 to keep up with d'em AI speed demons)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ian,yes,that setting influences the AI's way too high cruise speed: it actually represents the cruise IAS,so no wonder they fly that fastI adjusted it to 250 for all mid-size aircraft (B737,Md-80,757,727,A320,...),set 260 for 767's,270 for A330's and B777,280 for A340 and 290 for B747=>this is really much more reaslitic and will you give the ai aircraft a fairly realistic cruise TAS

Thanks much for the reply, have adjusted my PAI aircraft as per your formula, now maybe I can start tailgating them!