Sign in to follow this  

I am Sorry WILCO

I want to apologize for making such critical comments about A2kV1. After checking out some screenies at the Screen shot post I was very deceived until somebody redirected me to your (WILCO) website, from there I was directed to the new screenshots that I had not seen yet. Your product looks awesome! And I will be purchasing it along with the A320 PIC. Again, SorryPilot 737

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please see my reply to your post in the screenshots forum.../)_/). _ Cl

Hello Pilot ;-),Well, no need to be sorry but hopefully you'll like it when you'll have it in your hands.I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify few things I have read in these last 2 days.First, and like in all product, it is very important to read the (rather thin) main manual before using AIrport 2002. For example, we have deliberately put the so called static aircraft (that can all be animated using FSNAT though) in extremely dens in order for pepole to be able to use their own AI aircraft together with the scenery.Therefore it is a bit useless to set the scenery in extremely dense together with AI aircraft. Standard FSNAT scripts would still work in very dense. As well, for those willing to completey remove the so called static airacft, there is a list of files in each airport scenery directory.Secondly, the 737 use will require a small amount of familiarization. Once again, it is the first time that people will be flying in full 3D. At the begining one has to understand how to easily move around the cockpit (a 3 button mouse is the easiest way) and then manipulate the entire aircraft. Once you are started (set some turbulence effect to add some realism...) you'll be able to discover, in my view, what are the true benefit of this technologyThird, Airports design. We have focused on what it looks from a pilot's perspective, not for having nice screenshots when you are standing at 500 meters of the airport. If you get in the pilot seat,and sit in your aircraft at the gate, you would probably notice the huge and unique work that has been done on high quality texturing.Finally FSNAT. In each airport there are full sets of animations. As already mentioned these are just part of what is possible. FSNAT is a utility that should allow many many more animations possibilities (and adding many too!) inside of our airports. To check one of many other possibilities, I invite users to set FSNAT in demo mode and go either to LFPG, KLAX, or KORD and experience the discovery of our airport.We are willing to advise all the ones making new FSNAT scripts for the airports and willing to share them with others.Sorry for being so long, but I believe, that Airport 2002 includes many features and deserves to be fully explorated and used before any fast judgment.Thanks again,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com