Sign in to follow this  
Guest outtatimeiii

Suggestions on a plane

Hey everyone.I been thinking about it for a while and I might actually do it. I want to go around the world in a small prop. I'm planning to do without any form of AP or GPS, all via Hdg/Adf/Vor. I'm also going to do it real weather too. I haven't got the route even started yet, since I haven't decided on an aircraft to fly. I orginally thought to use a Stearman or the Tiger Moth, but I dont think the range is long enough, but it would be prue fun though.Any suggestions on a plane I could use for this? There are way too many choices :) I would like to fly something very stable, good looking, and a range far enough for those longer routes (I'm figuring around 1,200nm or more). I really think this would be a fun trip, but like I said earlier, theres just so many aircraft to chose from, its hard to pick LOL.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

WOW! That Robin DR400 is a beautiful looking plane! Thats one plane I am considering on flying now! :) Although the Checklists are in french (Trying to remember 3 years of French........Ahhhh cant remember) I'm gonna give this plane a test and see how it does :)