Sign in to follow this  

Upper limits with cpu ??

Thought I would throw in this question since I am about to go out and get myself a processor. Were do you quys/girls believe there is the upper limit in processor speed to go for were no further improvements can be noticed in regards of runnig fs2002 / FlyI am running on SDRAM 512 on a asus P2B F motherboard with a PIII 450 processor with tnt2(which I will along with the cpu replace with a Geforche 4)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Arni, I had that board...good board by the way. The highest it would go is PIII 800E with the proper bios update. I have since sold them to a friend. So, if you need to go higher,you will have to change the board..unless Asus has done other bios updates. Check there site. This did not answer your original question...but thought I'd let you know.

I agree fully Greg. Arni would do the best to buy a new mobo. If he is willing to forgo the "fastest", he can get a remarkable deal on a mobo/proc combo. There are so many places to buy HW. Today I purchased 3 Mag 17" monitors for $159.00 each with $30.00 rebate for a final cost of $119.00! You don't have to deal in back alleys either LOL. I bought them at Best Buy! When I first started playing with computers there were no color monitors! When they did come out, they cost many hundreds for 10 to 12 inches of screen space!And you are right, the board is no longer supported, or perhaps...there is no further place to go with this HW design?Here is a link to the place to get Arni's current mobo specshttp://usa.asus.com/mb/archives/mb_archives.htmCheers,