Sign in to follow this  
Guest AAF

Matrox Parhelia 512

Guest AAF

It looks like GeForce chipsets are going to have some extremely tough competition this summer, with Matrox's release of the Parhelia 512 pending. What do you guys think of these specs on it?3D: 512-bit GPU (First ever) 80 million transistors on .15m process 256-bit DDR interface Quad texturing per pixel, per clock cycle Quad Pixel Pipes 5 Pixel Shaders per clock Quad Vertex Shader Array 64-256MB of DDR memory on unified architecture * 300-350MHz DDR memory (20+GB of BANDWIDTH) AGP 8X Capable with support for 4X AGP and below * ~300MHz Core Clock (1200 M/pixels per second and 4800 M/texels per second) DUAL 400MHz RAMDACs 10-bit GigaColor Technology OpenGL 1.3 and DX8.1 Compliance TripleHead Desktop 2K x 2K texture support with 32-bit color 64 Super Sampling Texture Filtering 8-sample anisotropic filtering on 4 dual textured pixels per clock 16X Full Scene Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) (Edge AA) 8-Layer PCB design for solid signal routing Vertex Shader 2.0 support 2D: 10-bit color per channel 10-bit frame buffer support Glyph Anti-Aliasing (2D Text AA) Windows XP GDI and DirectDraw Acceleration Dual 400MHz RAMDAC 10-bit DVD playback, Advanced Filtering and Output Programmable bliter up to 16 pixels/clock Sound pretty good. Comparable to a GeForce4 Ti, maybe even better. Estimated price range is 300-400 dollars.

Guest PaulL01

>It looks like GeForce chipsets are going to have some >extremely tough competition this summer, with Matrox's >release of the Parhelia 512 pending. What do you guys think >of these specs on it? It beets the performance of a GF4TI4600 by 20% that

Guest AAF

Cool stuff, can't wait to see the releases! Actually, my XB-70 is in development. I'm making it in GMAX, but I have taken hiatus while I finish up school for the year. I think it'll be good stuff.