Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

Shocking News on Refresh Rates in Windows XP!!

Guest CHRISH

Hi all, Sorry to hear that so many of you are having problems with Win XP. However more worrying I think for those of you who can get it to work with FS2K2 is the refresh rates. In Directx the highest refresh rates are 75 Mhz! (even at 600 x 800!). With Open GL this drops to 60 MHz. For more details read the latest report in PC Zone magazine. This is really appalling for gamers who probably suffer most. I have Win 98se and I get refresh rates of up to 120 MHz at a resolution of 1164 x 864 in 32 bit, and to be honest I think this is too low, as confirmed by many opthlamic opticians. This I think is a very serious issue, and one I hope Microsoft will address, if enough people complain. Best Wishes to all,Chris.J.HickmanEGBB

Hi And here I was thinking this was my Radeon 7500's fault, like my crappy antialiasing and psychadelic graphics after minimising FS...Now to get some electronic Tylenol for my monitor :)

Guest gooper

I am using XP ,radeon 7500 768mb ram and I get around 30 fps with almost evrything turned up to max details. was told in other FS forums that this is VERY good frame rates.