Sign in to follow this  

Radeon 7000/VE Dual Monitor Setup

I am new to XP and the idea of dual monitors. I have a 21" monitor connected to my standard VGA output, how do I connect a seconf monitor to the S Video output. Is there an adapter I need and where do you get them.... The set up in XP looks pretty straight forward and Radeon (ATI) provides software for the configuration.Thanks in advance.

Guest SD Sim

I'll admit that I'm stepping outside of my area of knowledge, but I believe that the S video output is designed for televisions and VCRs. I'm not aware of an S plug to VGA adapter. But I may very well be wrong. Sorry I can't help more. Hopefully someone else will give you a definitive answer.

I don't believe that the 7000 model has a DVI ( Digital Video - Flat panel ) output. So the only combinations of video-out you will be able to get is CRT, TV, CRT + TV.I have the Radeon 8500 and it comes with both VGA and DVI output plus a VGA adapter for the DVI.Dennis