Sign in to follow this  

Go Flight Stuff

Folks,Okay, it's killing me. I have a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket (re-enlisted in the Navy so that I can help get some payback for 9/11) and the bonus was generous. So, I'm trying to justify Go-Flight stuff to myself (not to mention the wife). I want to get the toggle-switch thing, push-button thing, auto-pilot thing, dual-radio thing, and the mounting rack. I think that should do me for a while for flying the comm. jets.So, the question is...is it REALLY worth it. Quality, ease of use, all of it. I'd appreciate a response from those that have and use their Go-Flight stuff regularly. It's gonna run me about $700 and I want to make sure that it's money well blown.Thanks,Chris

Guest GPan

I've been using the GoFlight stuff for over a year. I started with a T-8 (toggle switch thing) and recently expanded to a P-8 and a second T-8. Because I have been using an ACP compact, I haven't purchased any of the other stuff. But I will if/when the ACP should ever break. The beauty of GoFlight is that you can build your setup progressively, so you don't have to shell out the whole $700 at once. It is easy to use, good quality and greatly enhances the realism in FS. Just be warned you need a USB port for each device, so don't forget to buy a USB hub. I guess my recommendation would be to buy one or two to start and then expand if your still not sure. Hope this helps!

I recently blew my $747 on Go Flight stuff: 1 toggle, 1 pushbutton, 3 GF-166 radios, an all-in-one GF-45, and a rack. I bought a USB hub separately at a local shop. My approach in rationalizing to my wife was the training value -- I'm working on my PPL and need to practice configuring radios & transponder while flying.The functionality works as advertised and you can almost completely eliminate the keyboard. Setup software is easy, too, and the products work together well. Aside from the really high end stuff from Aerosoft (?), the product is one of a kind.Here are the negatives: 1) The rack is way overpriced. Some stores sell it for $65, others for $99. You can't do without it, but it's "worth" about $20 in my opinion.2) My order arrived with missing pieces. Also, one of my radios had a gray knob while the others had black. I expected better for $747.3) The magnetic labels for each function are clumsy and ugly. And in the rack, perhaps because of a piece I'm missing, the units don't align exactly. Again, cosmetic issues but annoying.4) The GF-45 looks a bit unrealistic.

ugcx_banner.png