Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

Another Real Weather Problem

I know, the default FS Real Weather isn't up to par with the other programs available - but I still use it.Here's my recent problem. I connect & d/l the weather file as normal. The new d/l'd conditions show properly on the FS weather screen. However, when I return to my flight - the weather settings dissappear - returning to a "global default" setting of "clear", "unlimited vis.", etc. I seem not able to "hold" the new file in FS - when I return to a flight.Have not had this occur before - seems to have something to do with "Global" vs. "Local" - and - something is not "saving & loading" the new weather files properly ??Haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of - but not sure where to look next ??? Wonder if it has to do with a possible corrupted "saved flight" start-up mode - maybe ?? Thanks, Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Simple things first: You are pressing "OK" after downloading the weather, correct? Couple of times I have accidently pressed Cancel on the way out of the weather dialog.Is this happening all the time now?- Shouldn't be an issue with Global versus Local;- You could check to see if this file shows updated date/time on it: Program generated temporary flight.WX, or the WX file associated with the startup FLT file you are usingFiles located in flightsmyflts- Might want to try using a different Start-Up file, can't hurt, helps eliminate 1 more thing.... scratches head to think more about this ...

Thks. IanQ,Yup - thought about hitting "cancel" vs. "Ok"..... tried several times, made sure I did it correctly. And to complicate matters - when I retried the Weather D/L - I pressed "clear all weather" 1st - so the D/L would hit a clean slate... same result - it would not hold. Tried this 6-8 times - from scratch - same result. Then gave up for night......But, your second suggestion worked - tjis AM - and not sure why. I've been using same start-up files for a year - always updated weather just fine, before. But - to check - and with suggestion of another flt.sim. buddy, I changed the start-up to default Meigs, reselecetd my aircraft, and weather D/L'd and took - just fine......Guess I have a corrupted start-up file of some sort..... What confused me was the Real Weather page showing the "Real" conditions on the weather page - just fine - but when I moved over to fly - the weather just d/l'd was gone....... wierd.....Ron