Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

new 44.10 drivers

Guest ha5mvo

did anyone try them? do these show any improvement over the others.I found that changing drivers will in most cases not result in any significant improvement, still every time a new version comes out i feel compeled to try it, lest I may be missing something...so, any word on the latest?Thanks//Mike

Guest aeroworx

Hi Mike,I have tried them, and after some textures disappearing from aircraft and a slight drop in FPS, I went back to Version 30.82, dated 7/16/2002.So far Version 30.82 seems to work best for me in terms of frame rates as well as stability.What video card do you have? I am running a 64MB MX440.Hope this helps.RegardsHenning

Guest ha5mvo

Thanks henning! I'm running a G4 Ti4200 (128MB) and find the 43.51 to be ok.I used the 30.82 on my previous card, a G2 MX440. You are right, the 30.82 were the most stable, for whatever reason I moved to 'higher' drivers. Maybe I ought to give the good old 30.82 a chance.Thanks again,//Mike

Guest RiddlePilot

Anyone have problems with the 30.82s and night ground textures? Up in the flight levels, it appears that there are some small towns lit by orange, yellow and red neon lights. These towns appear just after the first point at which the textures start to blur. It only happens with the 30.82s. I'm using the latest DX9 with a GF3 Ti200. Not that it matters if someone else is, cause I'm very happy with my 29.42s.

Guest Tim W

Been running the 44.03's for a while now on G4 Ti4600 (128MB). They seem fine so far.Remember different systems will show different results with drivers.RegardsTim