Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pardue802

21"/22" monitor recommendations

Guest Pardue802

Currently I have two 21" monitors (NEC P1150's) on my system, but they're getting dated, have a fairly high dot pitch, and are starting to get a little blurry. I believe I'm going to sell them on eBay and use the money to buy one really good 21"/22" monitor. I originally got two monitors for use with Flight Simulator, but in honesty I really haven't come to see how it's handy. I mean, it's nice to be able to drag one's instruments onto the other screen, but that's a complicated process of jumping out of full screen in FS2004 and, well, it doesn't really seem to offer what I thought it would, not at a realistic frame rate, anyway. I think I'd rather be able to just jump the resolution up high on one monitor and fit more on it.I'd like to be able to have something that I can use with Flight Simulator, primarily. I live in a fairly small town so I don't have a lot of local resources, and I'm certainly not opposed to ordering online so long as I don't rack up shipping that costs as much as the monitor does. Any recommendations?Thanks,Kenneth

Guest ccgr

NEC's are good, or go for the models that have the trinitron technology in them, very crisp

Guest Wichita
http://www.monitorsdirect.com/Take a look at Monitors direct. I bought a 22" Cornerstone from them about two years ago. The shipping isn't all that bad considering the size of that monitor. The P1750 has worked flawlessly for me,it does have an aperture grille so you'll have the two small grey tension wires dividing the screen in thirds.They show mainly on a pure white screen,really not noticable in FS.David

You might consider the Iiyama HM204DT 22" Diamondtron U2-CRT Monitor...extremely good specs, good looking and a great price thru Newegg Computers in California (A great mail-order firm...and no, I don't work for them).Specs... 2048 x 1536 / max. 88 Hz1840 x 1440 / max. 94 Hz 1600 x 1280 / max. 106 Hz 1600 x 1200 / max. 113 Hz 1480 x 1024 / max. 133 Hz 1280 x 1024 / max. 133 Hz 1024 x 768 / max. 177 Hz 800 x 600 / max. 200 Hz 640 x 480 / max. 200 Hz Link...http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-172-005&depa=0Check it out...

Guest ba747heavy

Those refresh rates are unreal!

Guest Wichita

640 x 480 Hz 160 Hz 800 x 600 Hz 160 Hz 1024 x 768 Hz 160 Hz 1280 x 1024 Hz 130 Hz 1600 x 1200 Hz 112 Hz 1856 x 1392 Hz 96 Hz 2048 x 1536 Hz 88 Hz Horizontal Dot/Aperture Pitch 0.24 mm Pixel Clock 390.0 MHz Max rates for the Cornerstone which is a Mitsubishi tube. Really...about anything 85 or slightly above is all you need at any resolution.David