Sign in to follow this  

ATI Radeon 9700 Install Help Please

Guest HansGroenewold

Greetings,I bought the ATI Radeon 9700 and I'm having a few problems getting it up and running, see picture. The lines also appear when running Grand Theft Auto III, but not on the regular display or anywhere else. I've read the posts regarding possible problems installing this card, so I anticipated this. I've also read about making sure the old drivers were removed before installing the new ones, which I did.I'm using the latest driver from the website (6200). Does anyone know what this is and what can be done to get rid of it? I know the 9700 takes a little bit to get going and hope someone can help me do this. I believe it's driver related because the original drivers locked FS2002 up. I also tried different resolutions and different refresh rates. My system specs are listed for troubleshooting purposes.Any help would be deeply appreciated, Mike_T, are you listening?ECS Elitegroup L4S5M MotherboardWindows XP Home Edition2.4 GHZ Pentium 4768MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM40 GB Maxtor HDTurtle Beach Sound CardATI 9700Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Post that shot over at www.rage3d.com in the 9700 tech section. They should be able to fix you up.