Sign in to follow this  
Guest m3pimpin

New System

Guest m3pimpin

Hello all, I am building a new system. I've had some parts laying around for so long, I was thinking about selling, and not flight simming no more, after I was tired of dealing with the computer and such, but I think I am going to come back at it. Right now I have a lian li pc-60 case, I have an Athlon Xp 1600+ Agoia Y core chip processor, it is great for overclocking so i can probably get a 1.7ghz out of that with just air cooling, and I already have a thermaltake volcano 9+ HSF. Now I need. 1. A MOBO2. Memory3. Graphics Card4. PSU Okay now I want a system that can handle FS very well, and have great picture quality, this is one of the reasons I was discouraged to fly in FS, because on my computer everything looked crappy, and it lagged. Now I am going to have alot of addon sceneries, and since I like to have my Flight Simming close to realistic, I would like to run all of what Project AI offers. I want realistic traffic. Now I want my FS to have great frames, not lag, just pretty much have great quality, not jaggedy. I will also be flying online. And now i hear that in FS2004 you can actually see the other person's plane, (NOt bouncing around, like in the previous FS's), in Vatsim, so it actually looks realistic, this true? Now I really don't want to waste a ton load of money, because I do have another hobby i want to buy stuff for, But I need help on finding a mobo, and I was thinking of the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo, I believe the E deluxe edition one is the best? And I have heard good about this mobo. http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductRes...or=ASUS%20A7N8X the one for 84.00. Now memory I know is critical because that is what is going to help me not lag, especially when going into a heavily designed scenery. What is great memory? I want to get about a 1gb, but if not 512mb will do for now. What do you think? Also I don't want a graphics card that is too expensive. I want one that can handle the scenery and addons I will throw at it, and if it can overclock great, then even better. I don't want to go over 160.00, I'm looking for something that can handle the addons and gives great picture. And lastly I need a psu that can handle this. Maybe a good 400w would do me good? What brands are good? Again thank you, and I appreciate it in advance. Sorry for the long post, but I want to get back into flightsimming, and I would like for it to give me a great picture while flying smoothly, especially over Vatsim. Thanks.

Guest ccgr

if you want over clocking I would recommend Abit motherboards, Nforce 2 chipset, 400Watt power supply is sufficient Antec brand is pretty reliable, for memory I've had good luck with Kingston and Samsung. When it comes to video cards do you like ATI or Nvidia? A 5700 or 9600 are close to your price range but a 6600GT is the best bang for the buck at $200

Guest m3pimpin

To me it doesn't matter if it is ATI or Nvidia. They are both great. I just want whichever one is the best bang for the buck in my pricereange. Basicaly the one that performs better, and has better quality in my pricerange. Thanks.