Sign in to follow this  
Guest toni69

best architecture for 4-monitor operation?

Guest toni69

I am going to buy a new PC and am seeking advice regarding the best way to operate FS on 4 monitors. (I would like to use 1 monitor for center view, 2 for side views and 1 for panels)The basic configuration of the PC is going to be P4 3.2 or 3.4, 800Mhz, 1 Giga SDRAM.Regarding the video card(s), I am considering the following options:1) Matrox Parhelia 256 Mb [manages 3 monitors] + additional PCI card2) Matrox G450 MMS (4 chips, 32 Mb each) [manages 4 monitors]3) Matrox Quid Pro 256 Mb [manages 4 monitors]4) Mother board ASUS with 2 PCI-X slots, with an Nvidia dual card each [each card manages 2 monitors]Does anyone have experience with any of the above architectures? If yes, any suggestion on the best one?Many thanks in advance for your help. --Toni69

Guest jpcxcf

I've got a Parhelia and a G200MMS(like a 450MMS) and it works great!Here's a little video: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/jpcxcf/crj.mpgFor you to display only one view with instruments, go with a Parhelia and a PCI card.Regards,Pedro