Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

help needed

i need to know how to add AI to flight sim 2002. ive downloaded lots of planes and i do not see any AI when i fly. can anyone help me

i do not see any other planes when i fly. no AI none on the ground when i reach my destination, not atc talking to other plane. nothing at all...it's like if i'm up the all alone.....any suggestions?

A question. Have you enabled the AI Aircraft in the program itself? By this I mean that under Options->Settings->ATC there is a slider that determines the amount of AI Traffic that you will see. If this is set to 0 then no AI will be generated anywhere in FS2002. Also, once the percentage you selected is set, the volume of AI traffic that you see will be affected by where you fly.AI is adjustable because it takes systems processing power to generate. Near Boston's Logan, for example, setting 100% for AI traffic may yield 44-50 aircraft movements within 75 mile of the airport per hour, during the normally busy times of the day. Not all of these aircraft are originating from, or terminating at Logan itself. They will be accessing the other local airports, or transiting the airspace enroute to their flight planned destinations.A similar setting of 100% at a remote general aviation airport might yield 2-3 flight operations within the same radius per hour. The busier the airspace you fly in, and the higher percentage of traffic you set, the more you may see, and the greater the demand that will be placed on your processor. The AI aircraft fly because of prerecorded flight plans embedded in the Flight Sim program. Each flight plan is activated when the percentage AI you set is higher than the percentage established in the flight plan. For example, a C-172 IFR from Boston to Albany NY and back would be activated when the AI Traffic percentage is greater than 25%. If you set 26+, it goes flying when it is flight planned to.Check your settings. Ensure that you have not left AI Traffic at Zero. Then watch for traffic based on the airspace you fly.Hope this helps. Rick

i have check the AI option and it is set to 100%. and still no planes in the sky or on the ground when i fly. do you have any other suggestion that will help?

i did not find the default.db file in my aircraft folder. but i found the traffic.bgl file in the scenedbatcscenery folder. any more suggestions that will help me?...........thank you for your much needed help

Ok now we are getting somewhere. That missing file is on one of the 3 CDs in a folder called Aircraft. It needs to be copied and pasted into your FS Aircraft folder. See if you can find and copy it. Try it and let us know how you come out. You will learn best by trying to do it yourself!!http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...941191779df.jpg

would this file happen to be on avsim library? if so what would be its name? if not would i have to reload msfs2002 pro. to get this file for the AI to work.

i have done the installation of the default.dp file to my aircraft folder and all my AI are back.........i thank you guys for the great help......thank you once more.....