Sign in to follow this  
Guest obk

Annoying system freezes

Guest obk

Sorry I can't provide many details but I'm really puzzled with this. Every so often my computer just hangs with no error messages, it just freezes up and I have to take the plug the back.What would you pro's do in a situation like this? How do I go about diagnosing the problem?Many thanks in advance

Guest Edwin

Hi obk,There are any number of reasons why something like this would happen (especially since you are giving us so few details!) In no particular order, some possibilities are: bad/insufficient power supply, faulty RAM, faulty motherboard, faulty CPU, faulty video card, IRQ conflicts (in older systems) etc. I think just about the only thing I could say a bit more conclusively (but still not 100% definitive) is that it sounds less like a software problem and more hardware.Perhaps you could start by giving us details of your system? What are your system specs? What OS?If you can get access to a working computer that you could take apart, I would swap pieces of hardware into your computer one by one so you can isolate the faulty piece of hardware.That's about all I can think of!Edwin