Sign in to follow this  

First Heathrow Smoooth landing!

Aaaah I feel good...For me, EGLL was always a "no go airport". I needed to use Gatwick, Luton or Stanstfeld to do flights from London, even though I would have looved to do them from EGLL...The thing was, the airport was a huuge FPs killer (I use 100% AI with an AFCAD file that makes the airport fairly crowded). So, before finding I slide show, I prefered not to fly there at all. Same with KLAX.All other aiportors worked just fine. by fine I mean like 18-20 FPs, but never below 15.but this time I figured out what to do. First, I got rid of the extended textures. I mean, at FL370 I don't usually take a look at the view, except if there are mountains, etc....and then..a simple choice changed my life. I got rif of the a/c shadows...and...voil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nope, tried that. Made no difference to my Heathrow :(I still get really low fps on some part. It may be to do with the fact that I'm replacing all the PAI planes with FSPainter ones. PAI planes have ALOT less poly. So my fault I guess.I've got a dual CPU system though, just doesn't seem to make a difference to FS. 1 cpu, 2 cpu, no difference.

Weird....Yeah I use PAI a/c, and I am talking about an overcast approach, with Ariane B733, on a P4 1,5, 256RAM and GF2Ti....FSPainter planes do look great, but I'm afraid if I start using them I'll never be able to run most sliders maxed like now...and my perfectionism won't like that! :(

I dont think FS2002 takes advantage of multi processor systemsI found Gary Summons excellent Heathrow scenery became usable on full detail when I upgraded from P4 1.8ghz and Radeon 64md DDR VIVO to P4 Northwood 2.8ghz and Geforce 4 128mn DDRNot cheap, but now all is smooooooth

With that 2.8Ghz machine, fs2002 slide shows are a thing of the past. Do you have add on sceneries like Simflyers Airports? What kind of framerates do you get in the busiest airports? Do you use you settings to the max? If not, what kind of frames do you get if you do?Thanks,Robb