Sign in to follow this  

Flight Logs and Movies

Hmmm. Okay guys, I have a couple of silly questions that I have not been able to squeeze out of Microsoft (they want 35bucks just to answer this!!!!!!) Grrrr.Anyway, since 35 bucks can buy an entire frigging software program, I'll come to my fellow comrades in the virtual air for this . . . First Question:When I log out of FS2002, I get a report of how long I flew (like a log). Is this saved in a file for future access? I scoured the FS2002 directory and cannot seem to find where this would be kept.Second question:On flatten scenery switches - is there a turorial somewhere for that? I am trying to resolve an issue using FSCC to create an airport for my sim, but my taxiways, etc. do not work (they are visually there but the planes think they are bouncing around on dirt). There must be a tutorial out there that tells how to do flatten switches and in what file to do this. I figured since FSSC does not give an option to flatten out the surrounding scenery I may as well learn to do it meself.OH and one last question, while I am on the topic of finding files . . . . the Movies. I can record and save a movie, but it is nowhere to be found in the game menus. I **believe** I found it in the folder, but none of my media players will play it. Any ideas? I sure wish Microsoftie would put some of this stuff in their readmes and manuals :-PAny help would be wonderful, guys. :-) I would really appreciate it.Christopher N. Dittmar

Guest RobK

>First Question:When I log out of FS2002, I get a report of how long I flew (like a log). Is this saved in a file for future access? I scoured the FS2002 directory and cannot seem to find where this would be kept.The file is located in fs2002flightsmyflts. The file will have the extension .log.>I can record and save a movie, but it is nowhere to be found in the game menus. I **believe** I found it in the folder, but none of my media players will play it. Any ideas?When you record a movie, only the flight data is being recorded so the movie can only be played back within FS2002. It's kind of similar to the replay mode. After the video has been saved you should be able to load it and play it back by going to optionsflight video.Rob

Ooooh. many thanks. I'll try that out.The only reason I asked about the flight video part was that I saw some videos of previews to airplane downloads, and I wanted to do one of a submission I was going to make. Wondered how they did that :-)Many thanks for the info.Now . . . if I can only figure out this flatten switch thing . . . .