Sign in to follow this  
Guest astex

Wireless Troubles

Guest astex

Before I get started, i'd like to say that I don't understand much about computers so please try to explain things so if I don't understand something, I will.:-) A friend of mine set up everything needed for a wireless internet connection. I'm getting an excellent signal and apparently all should be good, but it isn't. Although the signal is great and all, I can hardly use the web, it's so slow. I've run a speed test from Cnet multiple times, and although it isn't always accurate each time I was between 40kbs and 250kbs. My friend set up the connection for another computer down the hall, and it runs fine, getting between 1000kbs to 1500kbs on the same test, but I only use that one if I need work done.Something else, I was first using a USB card (something like that), but that wasn't recieving much so I switched to an Airlink wireless card coupled with an antenna which is getting me the "perfect" signal.I'm hoping one of you more tech savvy guys have a clue to what is going on.

Guest wayupthere

Hi Astex,First off, I need some more info. You say "down the hall", am I to assume that your located at some kind of dorm, or shared apartment complex? If so, is the connection your logging into, being shared with multiple people? Meaning are there more people using that same broadband connection?. I have a few more questions, before I can help you. But I don't want to confuse you too much so just get back to me with that answer first.