Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Creative Sound Card question

Hi all.I currently have an older Creative Audigy 2 card that came with my system about three years ago. It works fine but I have been thinking about getting one the newer Creative Cards like the X-Fi ExtreamGamer card. At Newegg its just $83. They also have the "professional" version of the card for $145, I'm not sure what the big difference is.If I upgrade to the X-Fi will there be big difference from the Audigy 2? Would it be worth it, would FS9 sound significantly better?Any recommendations?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Going from an Audigy2 to n X-Fi, you will notice some better quality with the Crystalizer, using head-phones (even regular ones) you will definatly enjoy the new head-phone dolby surround sound,and you will notice some more reduction in CPU-usage.Is it worth it for FS, I dont know, FS doesnt really require anything fancy like EAX, Dolby-Digital etc... For FS id say there isnt that much of a difference, but If your not into heavy recording, for an overall upgrade its not a bad choice, since they arent really expensive.