Sign in to follow this  
Guest luftwaffle

old gameport saitek x36f/x35t combo...+ usb adapter+xp ...HELP!

HiI purchased this from Goodwill and it seems in good shape. unfortunately it is not supported by saitek anymore. I plugged it in a gameport-usb adapter and the basic functions work, but all the fancy knobs on the throttle don't work, and the hat buttons default to combinations of the basic joystick buttons.I've seen some drivers online developed by good people, but when downloading the files I got corrupted archives.Any idea if I can make this work, at least get the hat switches to work properly?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tough question, I would tend to believe; no buttons without drivers. If you're using XP and there were for example win2000 drivers, you could maybe give those a shot? Perhaps set a system restore point before experimenting? Which site were you trying to download from? Maybe they have a forum or so? If there are folks developing drivers, it will likely remain your best bet. As of Vista64, independent driver projects like these are in danger of becoming history - unfortunately. Closed source as closed can be. Kind regards Jaap

I found this site today: http://vega.dyndns.org/x36/I have tried the drivers (.inf file) there but it says thye location does not contain info about my hardware. I believe these drivers are for the USB version only and do not work with a gameport saitek hooked to the usb adapter :(any other ideas?

Indeed, looks like USB only. Did you try looking for a win2000 driver? Again, please don't forget to set a system restore point if you experiment. ;-) Good luck and kind regards Jaap

are there any harware solutions to somehow get all those axes and buttons to an USB port? can I use some of the guts from other controllers?