Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

Strange red, blue and white colours on monitor...is it my GTX..???

Ciao to all,I just bought an used 8800 GTX 760MB...Installed it on my new pc and connected my usual SOny 19"...I didn't change any monitor or Nvidia drivers (vers. 163.67 beta)seetings.If I keep the desktop fully black I get to see small red pixtels...The white colour, the blue and red seem to bright...I also have difficulties on reading the words if they are on a GREY or WHITE background(they're not not fully black)....strange effect..!!!I also tried to change the colour settings from both monitor and Nvidia Drivers but without emproovements...Can't get good image as reality...MAybe my old Radeon 9800XT was better??!!Could this weird effect be caused by this Used and maybe ruined GTX???Hope not, I payed 520 $...Another question...GTX has 2 DVI plugs....I have 2 monitors...one DVI and another one not...I plugged in both monitors...but can't get to see the 2 of them.If I clik right on DESKTOP than proprieties and SETTINGS I get only 1 monitor...On my old RAdeon I got to see 2 monitors and use both..ANy idea??Thanx for any solutions...PAco

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Paco,Update your drivers, including a reinstall of the latest Directx. Then see if things improve.If they don't... Small red pixels, or any pixels/unsual image corruption for that matter usually indicate its overheating/ has been overheated/overclocked to the point of damage.Can you post a screenshot as to how you screen looks?As to another monitor not being detected I assume you have restarted your system with both monitor connected because it needs to detect any screens for the first time upon bootup..., if that and new/reinstalled drivers (and you've gone through the multiple display setting) don't fix it it could also indicate that your card isn't 100%.

Ciao,thanx for the reply....So this pc I have is brand new..and the installations also....THe directx I have installed are the 9.0c and the drivers are Nvidia BETA 133.67...I have allready un-installed and installed the drivers...Do u think I should any way re-install them back again???Wich view of my screen could help u to see the problem??I'ts a bit hard to see...I'll try to restart the pc with both monitors plugged and see...ThanxPAcoP.S. How do I attach the screenshot here?

Ok, I passed allmost 1 hour to fix the settings of the screen!what I did is plugging on the GTX the DVI Sony 19" and the analogic CER 17".....what a difference!!!!The ACER has great more real colours than Sony!!!The SOny seems having more Blue and red colors..and even changing the settings...I can't get it as the ACER.Other question...When using FS...how can I move a gauge (istnace FMC or overhead pannel) on the other monitor?I can move any other application from SONY to ACER but nothing that is in te FS window....ANy idea?Does the GTX uses lots of performance when using 2 monitors??Cause after I tokk off from a default FS airport and without cluds the monitor started flashing for a while....than stopped....whay this happens?GTX can't effort it?I blocked the frame rate to 25...is this correct?Thanx endeedPAco