Sign in to follow this  
Guest moshem

Need help with new PC

Hi All,I ordered some new h/w for a pc will be dedicated to FS only. I plan to fly FS9 with all addons for the first year probably, then move to FSX. I had a lot of thinking about which components to put into it, finally I got this ordered:> Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHZ BOX Stepping G0> ASUS P5K DELUXE WIFI-AP> CORSAIR XMS2-6400 800MHZ DDR2 2048MB TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX> WD 160GB 7200RPM 16MB SATAII RAID WD1600YS> ASUS GEFORECE 8800GTX 768MB PCI-E EN8800GTX/HTDP/768M> ENERMAX INFINITI 720W SLI EIN720AWT-00> Thermaltake V1 Volcano CPU COOLER TT-CL-P0401Now I am going to get my order, and I am SO CONFUSED regarding which OS to put in it. I will probably format and change OS when I will move to FSX. For the first FS9 phase I need an OS that will know to use the best of my h/w and give the best stability, quality and performance with competability to all PMDG, LDS, Cloud9, Flight1 FS9 addons, also AS6, FSUIPC, Ground Env, etc....Will XP Pro 64 will use my new h/w potential and be the best?Maybe Vista 32? Vista 64?or staying with XP 32 will do it?I need some experienced advice PLEASE!I will appreciate your assistance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Moshem,XP32 - Stable - Less resource demanding, giving some better/faster performance than Vista - Runs pretty much any program out now - *No full 4GB support and No DX10 support (would render part of your 8800GTX useless).Vista 32 - Stable - Heavier resource usage, giving some users lower performance than XP - Runs pretty much any program out now - *No full 4GB support - Full DX10 support.Vista 64 - Stable - Heavier resource usage, giving some users lower performance than XP - Might not yet run every single program out now (patched ones excluded) - Full support 4GB and above - Full DX10 support.*A 32bit OS won't fully utilize your 4GB of ram, atleast not for programs/games, a certain amount of RAM will be reserved for the system itself.Hope this helps,Regards,

Hi Moshem,XP 64bit is fine too, Its just that if you don't have it right now, and are planning to buy the OS I personally don't think its the wisest investment future wise. Again if you already have the disk, installing it should be fine.Regards,