Sign in to follow this  
Guest hamish77

Matrox Triple Head Digital Edition Question...

Guest hamish77

I have been using the matrox triple head 2 go analogue adapter for the past 12 months and I have found it to be great with FS2004 + Track IR... the only downside I have found is that when reading text it can appear slightly blurry when small (can cause headaches after a couple of hours) and the edges of each screen can seem mis aligned.. I have run the image quality tab but it does not help. I am guessing becose it is an analogue adapter there is a slight loss of quality when spanning across 3 monitors.. Does anybody have the new digital edition and if so have could you please comment on the quality.....Many Thanks

Guest baksteen33

Hi Hamish, if you don't get any answers here, perhaps try this forum: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=142&page=Or other home cockpit builder forums. Are you using large resolutions? From a technical perspective, with large TFTs, it usually makes sense to go digital, particualrly @ > 1280x. Analog TFTs @ 1280x are often OK and there's not a big difference in visual quality vs digital. However, this varies from panel to panel and GPU to GPU - even from GPU-output to output. From an IQ perspective, the primary VGA connector of almost every GPU usually does signals up to 1280x very nicely. OTOH, for example, it's better to avoid secondary VGA connections at >1024x in many cases. You might be able to achieve an IQ improvement if you make sure the Matrox is connected to the primary output? If it is and you have decent panels, I think it's likely you'll see an IQ improvement by going digital. If you're running your displays at 75Hz, there's also a slight downside by going to 60Hz. Just to say, analog still has a justification in certain cases. Hope this adds to thoughts, kind regards Jaap