Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smiley

TDR's ?

This link describes the issue I'm having.http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/displ...dm_timeout.mspxThis sounds like what I'm getting. I have not had a crash to desktop, just the black screen for 2 seconds. I have a new system build that is more than twice the power of my previous system and I am playing the same games. My current system is:Gigabyte P35 DS3RIntel Core2Duo E67502 gig DDR2 8500C Corsair 2x2048 at 1066mhzusing onboard sound and networkingX1950 Pro 512mb DDR3 card as well as a back up card I bought to get me through until my RMA'd X1950 gets back.Hyundai L90D+ monitorRunning Vista Premium and Office 2007 Pro.I am having this black out in both lower and higher settings. Before my upgrade I was able to fly steady on my old system at very low FPS with NO blackouts on a 6600 GT card with 128mb DDR3 and an Intel P4 2.4 ghz system running XP Pro.I think this is a Vista problem that is not addressed correctly by the video card manufacturers yet.Has anyone else experienced these issues and found a fix or work around?I have the same issues in Warbirds III. I have yet to install all the other games I have to test further. Windows office apps and IE7 work fantastic so far. I have tried no other taxing software. Windows Medea Player 11 works fine too playing videos.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!