Sign in to follow this  
Guest crotiusf16

5 x IDE devices

Guest crotiusf16

Good day/night simmers. I need some input here. This is the problem;2 x HDD1 x DVDRW1 x Combo driveI have found a PCI addon card for IDE connector. I have managed to install the card and the other HDD. My machine will boot up but in the startup screen it says that the ULTRA DMA IS NOT SET. Is it possible to add another HDD with that card inserted? How do I set ULTRA DMA? Thanking you all in advance for the advice that I am going to receive.Corrie.

Guest wayupthere

Hello Corrie,Ok first the Ultra DMA setting is set in your BIOS (press DEL, F2 etc..) whatever your computer tells you to push upon bootup. Depending on what BIOS your running, you need to look for its category where its listed.As to your PCI:Your card, is it similar to something like this?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181890.jpgIf it is, and you don't have anymore PCI slots available for another add-card, you could opt for this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181891.jpg__I'm not really understanding exactly whats going on, what Motherboard do you currently have? My understanding is, that that only holds 1 IDE connector and you have more IDE to use, correct?Regards,