Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

8800 GTS 512 - blurry textures - anybody fixed this ?

Guest TSE

Hi folksI just switched to an ASUS 8800GTS 512 from an ATI card.The 8800 is the new 2nd generation card.I love the colours and the crisp images the 8800 produces, however mid and long range texture quality is no way near the ATI card, I'm getting the notorious blurries.Textures around the aircraft are crisp clear, but quality diminishes pretty quick a bit further away.Before I get the bashing:Yes, I read through the web, yes I have nhancer installed, yes I tweaked the FS9.cfg for all possible TERRAIN settings forward and back for 2 days but I'm still not satisfied with the results.Is anybody out there who successfully tweaked a 8800 card to produce high quality textures without blurries in the distance ?Any advice and help greatly appreciated.ThanksJoerg

Guest baksteen33

Hi Joerg, You might want to check the other Avsim hardware forum? It's in the FSX section. Auf Wiederschnitzel :-) Jaap